NOTE: Starting from today's maintenance, we will not be supporting the old launcher and pre-remastered version of the game client. In order to continue playing on our servers you should download the latest client here. Frequently asked questions regarding Public Test Realm can be found at the following link. Currently the Public Test Realm has been disabled. We will enable the PTR again when it would be necessary for development processes.
Where is the server located, and what client version is it running on?
- Our NA server is hosted in Canada, and the EU server is hosted in France. The client version version we are running was released around the 3rd of July 2019. (Includes Shai!)
How can I check my ping to the server?
- You can head over to http://ovh.net/ and check your ping to the EU and NA servers. For NA choose the only Canadian server, and for EU choose Gravelines.
How does the Bad Luck Protection work?
- The bad luck protection works by monitoring your kills of mobs that drop certain items. Once you have killed enough of that mob without the item dropping, the system will guarantee the drop for you. The amount of kills is stored between restarts, so you don't have to worry about missing out because of server maintenance.
Are pearls free on this server?
- Yes. Pearl boxes will drop from in-game activities such as Gathering and killing monsters. These boxes will give you a random amount of pearls up to the rare maximum of 11500 per box!
I already have a copy of Black Desert Online (e.g. NA/EU) installed on my computer, can I use it to play Crimson Desert Online without downloading the whole client again?
- Currently there is no other client supported for faster downloading. If you would like to download live servers, the only way is to install it from scratch via our official website.
What are the rates of this server?
- Our drop rates are roughly 5x compared to retail. EXP for leveling, life skills, horses and fitness are also 5x.
Are the enhancement rates the same as on retail?
- Our enhancement rates are higher here than on retail. In addition, our failstacks also count for more so the system is less punishing.
Does Cleansing gear work on this server?
- Yes. We have gear cleansing enabled.
Does Devour system work on this server?
- Yeah, Devour system has been implemented along with the latest version of the game client.
How the progressive release looks like?
- Currently the server is launching with Calpheon, Balenos, Serendia, Mediah, Valencia and Kamasylvia enabled. All classes including Archer and Shai are unlocked. The server will progressively release content shortly after. Dreighan, Star’s End and other contents along with other new locations will be unlocked in the future as part of our progressive release.
How does the global chat work on this server?
- The global chat utilizes a language-based channel system with the following commands: /channel show - Lists all the available language channels and their corresponding number. /channel join (number) - Joins you in the specified language channel.
How do I switch channels?
- Currently, switching channels has to be done through the character selection menu. You can get there from within the game, by opening the menu, selecting "Disconnect", then you click "Character Selection". Once you get there, select "Server Selection" in the bottom right corner. There you can select more channels.
Is there Night Vendor (Patrigio) on the server?
- The Night Vendor is active across all of our servers. He appears between 22:00 and 02:00 server-time.
Do we have the Caphras enhancement system here?
- Yes. We have Caphras Enchantment implemented.
Are there Node Wars on this server?
- Node Wars are not going to be enabled for the initial phase of the server. We are planning on making them a custom experience, with multiple changes from the original.
Can I use character presets from other servers?
- We have implemented a parser in our client which automatically converts remastered templates to a format which Crimson Desert Online is able to read, allowing you to use templates, both old and new, on Crimson Desert Online. To load and use a normal preset from another server, have the customization file saved in your local Documents folder, and you will then be able to load the preset in the Character Creator. The beauty album has not been implemented, although this might change in the future.
Is the trading system (regular, Imperial and/or Player-To-Player) implemented here?
- Regular NPC trading is implemented and working properly, except for the distance bonus, which at this time is not being applied on trade items. Imperial trading has not been implemented yet. However, you can sell your horses through Imperial Horse Delivery. Player to player trading is enabled, but only potions and certain other consumable items can be traded. All items marked as “Personal Transaction Available” are trade-able.
How are the prices in pearl shop, and can I donate to get more pearls?
- We use the Korean version of the pearl shop which means all the pearl prices are lowered. As an example, a single pet costs only 220 pearls here compared to 900-1100 pearls on NA. You can subscribe to supporter packs for some convenience benefits. You will be able to donate for Crimson Coins. The prices can be viewed in-game.
Will the 100 Artisan Memory cap a day also affect how many pearl items you can list at the marketplace?
- You will not be able to list pearl items on the marketplace as pearls will be common for everyone.
Why can't I use Merv's Palette when I have a Value Pack?
- Merv's Palette is not a part of the Value Pack in the Korean version of the client. However, there are several packages in the pearl shop where you get both.
Will you only adopt what is patched on KR?
- No. We also will implement our own custom systems and additions to the game.
Is the respawn rate of Elites the same as on retail?
- Nope! Elites usually respawn between 10-30 minutes on retail, but we have increased their respawn timer to roughly 5-6 minutes.
How will events work?
- In addition to the regular seasonal events, we will be working on creating our own unique scripted events. Our GMs will also be hosting some minor events from time to time!
Do you have T9 Awakening on this server?
- Awakening for Tier 9 horses has been implemented on live servers, and you will be able to obtain All three Horse types: Arduanatt, Diné and Doom.
I just started the game and the tutorial tells me to press W but I can’t move at all. What do I do?
- Your keybinds most likely have been removed or have not been set by the game for some reason. To fix this, open your Settings and reset all your keybinds to default.
My horses are gone after breeding!
- If you have noticed your horses missing after breeding, you should check the channel where the breeding was done. If you cannot remember what channel it was, please, check every channel.
I cannot use Cron Stones if I try to enchant something!
- Cron Stones system has been disabled on our server. Our enhancement system is accelerated compared to retail, Cron Stones were removed to retain the spirit of the game, while still providing a faster way to softcap. However, use of Cron Stones has been unlocked for Tier 9 Horses with the release of CDO Remastered.
I'm getting crashed while trying to enter a certain character!
- If you are crashing when logging into a specific character, please submit a ticket via the Support Ticket System including the latest Client.log which can be found in the install directory of your launcher "/resources/client/log".
I’ve found a bugged quest or gameplay mechanic which I am sure is not working as intended. What should I do?
- We encourage players to fully utilize our bug tracker located on our website at https://crimsondesert.online/bug-tracker - Here you can directly report issues to our development team to ensure that those pesky bugs are squashed for good!
What are the premium characters exactly?
- Premium Characters are "trial" characters that start at level 60 with full softcap gear, however they are limited to Battle Arena, Arena of Arsha, Savage Rift, and Red Battlefield. This allows you to test different classes before committing to any given class. Questing, collecting challenge rewards, the usage of Party Finder and maids, as well as other methods of interacting with the core game are all disabled for these characters.
Are client modifications such as clothing mods allowed?
- Our ToS states that you may not make any modification to the game that will give you an advantage. That being said, most if not all attempts at client modification will be unsuccessful due to our added file encryption and obfuscation, if a modification to the client is deemed popular enough we might provide an alternative supporting our client.
A player is verbally harassing me in-game, what do I do?
- Initially we advise the player to close all lines of communication by utilizing the block feature, however If the harasser by-passes the block feature and makes contact on an alternate character, we advise to again block that character, then message one of our Game Masters about Ongoing Harassment, and include the phrase, as well as the offending player's name, the exact phrase that they used to harass you and that they bypassed the block feature to do so.
How do I report vulgar chat?
- You can report players by clicking on their name in chat and selecting "Report Chat Ban"
Another player is killing me each time I resurrect, please can you take action against them?
- This behaviour is not against our server rules. Luckily, you can utilize the Resurrect at nearest Node or City feature on death to prevent being killed each time you resurrect.
I’ve just seen another player using a third-party program to gain an unfair advantage, what should I do?
- We have a zero-tolerance policy on players who use third-party programs to gain an unfair advantage over players - If you see a player hacking in any form, please send a report to a Game Master using Discord and the matter will be investigated. Any supporting evidence you can provide is helpful to us. Players who are caught / found to be hacking or using third-party programs will be banned permanently from the server. Any use of macro or items / software that help you to automatize the game processes requiring player’s active actions and not being automatized by the gameplay itself is strictly prohibited.
Will you separately change/nerf/buff classes that need it?
- We will in general use the Korean patches as a baseline and adjust wherever we deem necessary.
How do I use /home?
- First you have to set a location for your Home with /sethome. After this location has been set, you can use /home to teleport there.
Will you be able to use the /home command to escape from PVP?
- The /home command cannot be used under the following circumstances: If you are above 100% weight limit, if you are on a mount or a wagon, if you are carrying a trade pack or if you have recently taken or inflicted damage. These limitations have been tailored to prevent giving supporters an unfair advantage. With the release of CDO Remastered Home command usage command has been increased 3-5-7 (depending on tier).
Will the supporter bonus let you level up your nodes without energy?
- The free distant node investment is only for the initial investment of the node which you can do at a range with a Value Pack.
How is the Supporter weight expansion delivered?
- Weight will no longer be given every other week, instead, 300-450-600 LT (depending on tier) will be given for the duration in the form of a buff which will be applicable on all characters across the account. However, you are still able to obtain the remained expansions via your in-game mail if you the items have already been delivered before the release of CDO Remastered.
Is there any loot filter in game?
- Yeah, we do have an advanced loot filter, to use it in game type ".loot" to view full commands.
- Loot filter commands (General):
.loot info(Displays all information about your loot filter settings.)
.loot set <grade/selected_items/allow_enchanted>(Enables a loot filter mode).
.loot unset <grade/selected_items/allow_enchanted>(Disables a loot filter mode).
.loot grade <white/green/yellow/orange>(Changes minimum grade to fetch the item, can be ignored by selected_items mode if set).
- Selected item settings (maximum 3 items):
.loot add <item_id>
.loot remove <item_id>
- NOTE: Grade and Selected Item modes can run together, however selected item may override grade if you have the item in its list.